Sunday, December 20, 2009

Daddy's back

I've already received my present for Christmas.  I get a whole lot of free time with my family.

It's been a busy couple of months for daddy.  This fall I added a part time job to my routine, which added a lot of hours to my work week....although some stategically-utilized vacation time helped ease the weekly workload.

Since the part time job is on campus, I'm already done for the semester and enjoying a break before classes resume in January.  Being down to one full time job for a few weeks will feel good.

The second job has been a change in our routine that results in more T time with mommy, and a little less with daddy.  On a few occasions, we had daddy/kiddo days, which were terrific fun.



I miss all the extra time I used to have with him, but I'm very grateful we can continue to be home with T.

I also miss blogging.  There have been dozens of blog entry topics I've thought of and forgotten about in the last couple of months.  I'll have to do a better job of writing them down next semester.

I've been thinking a lot about T's future sibling lately.  T has made it an easier wait by distracting us with his infectious personality, but we're talking more and more about our eventual trip back to Thailand.  T is excited about it, but also raising concerns about us holding a different baby.  I suppose it's good he started thinking of this new reality now.  Perhaps it will be less startling than a sudden realization that he's no longer our only focus of attention.

Some have been surprised to hear how excited I am about the second referral.  Apparently, for most families, the anticipation over getting the second referral is less than the first.  I can't help but be excited to find out.

I never forget that for every adoption story, there's likely sad circumstances behind it.  I feel some guilt in being excited, but I can't deny my anticipation.

Perhaps you'll hear from me a few more times before I dive back into my books.  No doubt we'll have some stories and pics from the upcoming holiday.

-Kyle

2 comments:

rosemary said...

Can't wait to hear about your new referral! I know you must be getting excited - it won't be long now!

Thailand Travel Deals said...

Very nice blog.
I sure understand the blogging had to be set aside a little bit but at least you know how to prioritize, not everybody knows that sadly.

Keep it up :)