Saturday, June 6, 2009

IRL

Through the last few years of blogging, we've made some internet friends who have adopted from Thailand. Usually, we don't have the chance to meet and become friends "in real life".  But back when we were 1st starting the adoption process,  Hannah and Sam were nice enough to meet with us and answer a bazillion questions (like, what goes in a diaper bag, anyway?) before we even got T's referral.  Today we had the pleasure of hanging out with them AND a Holt family we already felt like we knew - Tracy and Joel.  We're used to a one-(albeit rambunctious) kid house, so it was fun to watch all the kids run and play together.  It was even more fun to chat with Tracy and Hannah over Chicago-style pizza.  I wish that we all lived a bit closer.  We're so grateful to Tracy and Joel and their lovely family for taking time in their vacation schedule to hang out with us! =)
And I have to give a shout-out for Tracy's awesome flip flops.  Super comfy and way cuter than the (ahem) 15-year old pair I was wearing.  (At what age am I supposed to get rid of the stuff I wore in high school?)  Thanks, Tracy!
-Robin

5 comments:

Jen and Jeff said...

Hi, Robin - How fun! Looks like such a great time and isn't it so cool how we get to make nice friends in the adoption community? My friend Nancy & I (Nancy & John) were just talking about you the other day how cool it would be to meet you guys. Maybe someday...

Hope all is going well with Thanu and he is working through his little speedbump. I was thinking about that year thing and was wondering if it had to do with the weather...like it being warm again and that evoking memories of when it was warm there before and the big changes of coming home? Just a thought that popped into my head. Not sure if it is helpful or has any bearing but thought I'd toss it out there.

Hannah said...

As always - we had a great time with you guys and LOVED meeting Tracy and Joel (and family)! We'll see you over the summer, too!

rosemary said...

Hey Robin, I know this is OT, but what was the name of that cool baby registry site you guys used with T? I really liked the way it was designed and I remembered telling myself to remember it for future use. Apparently that's all I remembered though. ;-)

Robin and Kyle said...

Hi Roses,
The registry is the Alternative Gift Registry.
Here's the link: http://www.alternativegiftregistry.org/

TracyMcGal said...

Well, I'm sure that you could see that Saturday that I am a tad busy. ;-) I'm just now reading this. It was so awesome to meet ya'll. We had such a good time. My parents enjoyed it too. Hannah is talking about making a road trip and I'm looking forward to it. Why don't you come too? Glad you like the flip flops.