Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Court date

In less than a month, we will be finalizing T's adoption. The court date is exciting news we've been waiting to get for a few days. At this point, it's hard to even consider the fact that he's, legally, not yet part of our family. We can't wait.
At home, T has expanded his talking to singing. It's especially cute when he sings about the people's whose name he knows. After enjoying a couple of songs, I've now seen the light and have a recorder at the ready for his next debut.

Robin and I are getting the bug for learning some Thai. I know what you're thinking..."why now...you're home!" Well, with all the English T is learning, we're thinking it would be nice for him to also know some Thai. It's been fun to talk to him about Thailand...although I'm sure he's only beginning to understand what we're talking about.

The cold and snow this winter has us all getting a case of cabin fever...although T and I get outside sometimes. Last weekend I figured out how I can get back into cardiovascular exercise without inventing a way to keep T happy while I'm on my bike....pull him around the yard in his sled. It's a GREAT workout for me, and he loves the ride. I should have thought of that sooner.

Lest there be any doubt that my boy is growing, compare this picture from June and another from last week.



Time flies when you're having fun.

-Kyle

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Yippy on the court date! That means you'll be getting your Consulate invite soon - maybe in the Spring or early Summer. So exciting!

I really can't believe how big he's getting - isn't it amazing.

Rachel said...

Congratulations on the court date!! That is huge!

I think it would be AWESOME to learn Thai. Really really hard - but awesome. Good luck!