Friday, December 5, 2008

Hide the scissors

For quite awhile now, one of the first things people ask when meeting T is, "Has he had a haircut yet?" The translation to this is: "For the love of all that is good, cut that poor kid's hair already!"

Today I was struck with a moment of insanity and decided to cut it myself. I don't know what I was thinking. No, that's a lie - I do know what I was thinking. I'm cheap. I was thinking I'd save $15. But I also don't know how to cut hair. Especially squirmy little boy hair. Especially perfectly straight hair.

I did not just trim the ends. I. Cut. Lots. Of. Hair.
T had a lot of hair, and he's pretty young, so it stands to reason that his hair grows quickly and the hair I removed should return soon. Let's all hope so.

I'm fairly sure the first thing people will say to us now is: "So, he just got a haircut, huh?"
T's favorite word today sums up the experience: "Uh oh."
-Robin

6 comments:

Jen and Jeff said...

Hilarious post! He still looks absolutely adorable!!

Hannah said...

I need to do something with Jesse's hair too! It's so light and whispy though, I'm afraid he'll look bald again if we cut it :)

rosemary said...

My little nephews are the same age and they get longish buzz cuts, which you can do yourself if you buy a pair of clippers. That cut looks super cute on them and it's practically impossible to mess up.

I love the laughing Thanu picture in this post though!

Glen and Andrea said...

Funny funny!! Hugo just had his haircut too. The hairdresser was great and didn't charge much at all.

JiLL said...

You did a wonderful job. I almost didn't recognize him. He is just growing up soo fast.

Rachel said...

Wow, he looks so different! I think it's a cute cut. I think I would have made him bald had I tried to cut his hair...but it is amazingly straight in front!