Monday, November 24, 2008

1st snow

T noticed the snow on the ground right away this morning and repeatedly yelled "Snow! Snow!" while waving his arms at the window. (Well, he yelled his attempt at the word anyway. I understood him but I'm studying Thanese pretty hard these days.)

I decided there was enough on the ground that I should shovel the sidewalk so I bundled him up in snow pants and boots with mittens and a hat - the works. He could barely walk but didn't seem to mind as the new clothes were a novelty.

He loved the snow. It's wet and sticky and made little snowballs in front of his boots with each step. He only cried when it was time to come back inside because his boot came off and his sock was soaked. He would have preferred to stay out and play, but I'm thinking today's not a good day to get frost bite since he's got his 18 month (!) checkup this afternoon.

It looks like T will be enjoying the Wisconsin winter. I hope we get (almost) as much snow as last year.

Thanks for the jacket and snow-pants, Grandma and Grandpa!

-Robin

6 comments:

rosemary said...

These are just about the cutest pictures ever. So glad he likes snow since you're probably going to get plenty this year.

Jessica said...

Fun! He's adorable all bundled up. I'm kind of envious of your winter weather. It's still in the 80's here.

Carey and Norman said...

Very cute. I love snow, but we don't see much in TN. If it is going to be cold, I'd rather see snow on the ground!!

Glad Thanu enjoyed his first snow and you were able to get some adorable photos of him playing in it!

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh - what an adorable snowbunny! That's actually a good amount of snow for this time of year.

Thanks for sharing your blog!

Jay and Chandra Regan said...

Oh, so cute! A kid, squealing in delight for snow, is just a bliss to watch! Our Colorado Rockies have been getting snow. But none here in Fort Collins, yet.

Jen and Jeff said...

Hi, Robin! Gosh he is just sooooo cute! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those pics! Not typically a fan of the snow but who wouldn't bundle up for a face like that?? Tempted to run out and buy a snowsuit for Ruby, but guess I ought to wait until she is actually here first! LOL!
jen