Thursday, October 30, 2008

More words

T is picking up words quickly, and understands TONS more. You'll see this in the video. One of the quirky things I stumbled across this week is that he says "Thai". Of course, he has no idea what this means, he's just mimicking me, but it's still cute.

video

He and I went to the park today with Punkin. It was a blast. T did a lot of running around and actually walked back to the house most of the way (instead of riding in the Ergo). We encountered a train on the way, which was terrifying up close, but he got the engineer to wave. It was a BEAUTIFUL day. I LOVE FALL!

T recently started nodding. It's amusing because it's clearly a lot of work for him to concentrate enough to do it.

As I write, he blowing on his supper, because it's hot.

His laugh is amazing.

We're grateful we taught him a few signs. None of us know sign language...at all, but I can't imagine being able to communicate without it. I would really recommend it for any parent. You don't need to learn a lot. Some examples of what we use: more, ouch, food, all done, fish, diaper. Some of these aren't official "signs", just stuff we made up. It doesn't matter...he picks it up so quickly...much faster than he can verbalize.

He still hasn't gotten a haircut, but the longer hair is growing on us. (ha ha, no pun intended) He'll get a trim from Grandma this weekend.

I'm constantly amazed by how fast he's growing and learning. I'm trying to strike a balance between being excited about him growing up, and not wanting to forget a second of his youth.

One more thing...NPR had a story this week that does a good job of explaining the political situation in Thailand. It's a great overview, if you're interested.

-Kyle

4 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Very sweet...especially after all the grunting. I enjoyed the video.

rosemary said...

This video is adorable! He has gotten so big.

Jay and Chandra Regan said...

Thanks for sharing the story from NPR. It really helped me understand, better, why Taksin was disliked so much. Hope things won't erupt while we're in Thailand.

Chris, Terri, Matt and Mark said...

He's too cute for words!

Thanks for sharing!