Friday, August 22, 2008

Sticky overload

People who know me well are familiar with my problem with all things sticky. I deplore stickiness. It makes me extremely unhappy and mildly queasy. I know that children are sticky. I attempted to mentally prepare for the Sticky Onslaught in the months prior to bringing T home. But Oh My is he sticky! After his morning oatmeal and banana, especially so. I've taken to spraying him off in the kitchen sink after meals. (Notice the lack of clothing? That's for ease of spraying.)

He will smash his food: in his hair, on his legs, over his entire face, in his ears, and along his arms. At that point, what good is the bib, really? It's just another thing to wash. I am seriously considering putting his booster seat in the bathtub for meals. Then we can just turn on the shower when he's done. Can anyone give me one good reason to reconsider?

-Robin

3 comments:

Chris, Terri, Matt and Mark said...

UGH - the things we parents forget about...I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to wiping stickiness out of baby rolls again.

Jennifer & Jeff Kitzmiller said...

okay, THAT is really funny! I think I'll be okay with sticky, but it's snotty I'm afraid of. I had an immediate gag reflex when a friend of mine sucked the snot out of her 2 year olds nose with a mini turkey baster looking thing! (Hmmm...maybe Daddy can do that part!)

Glad to see things are going well with Thanu!
Jen

Glen said...

Hi, just thought that I would make a general comment to the three of you or should I say four. I am so happy for you and so happy for the baby to have such great parents and a future filled with wonderful experiences. All my best to you. blessings. love, Audrey