Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thai Pavillion and Friends

Today T and I met our friends with their Thai daughter at a Thai Pavilion and Gardens. It was a lovely, hot morning, and we had a silly photo shoot with the kids. I think the parents were far more interested in this activity than the children. The cutest pictures were of the 2 of them-briefly holding hands, posing with stone elephants, etc., but I have a no photos of other people's kids rule, so here are the solo shots.
He was enthralled with watching the ducks in the little stream.
He normally gravitates to water, so I thought he'd love the sprinklers across the paths. Not quite.
The only thing that got him smiling was holding his maraca, which I unfortunately didn't think to break out until we were leaving.
Oh, and his pants? Yeah - they are indeed supposed to be shorts....for a much larger child. Thank goodness he's too little to know he should be embarrassed.

-Robin

5 comments:

Melissa May said...

Looks like fun! How neat to have a Thai pavilion/garden place in town!

I was thinking today how much I appreciate being able to see Thanu at home with you both. It helps it seem more real for me that our little guy will really be here someday too!

Glen and Andrea said...

Great Photos! It looks nice and hot there.

It looks like you are having a wonderful time getting to know each other =)

Farrah and Jed said...

I'm Sorry but I was laughing at the shorts...They are totally hugh!

He is cuter than ever, and wow a Thai garden near your home how awesome!!

Jay and Chandra Regan said...

Is the Thai pavilion in Chicago? If so, we'll have to visit it someday, perhaps when we finalize our adoption hopefully next year.

Hannah said...

I'm jealous! We will head up there sometime soon. I can't wait to see it.
-Hannah