Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What the hell is this?

This is a post written by our dog, Punkin, on her blog this week. We thought it would be of interest to our adoption blog readers. -Kyle

So, a couple weeks ago, I was taken to Jack's house and lead to believe I would be there a short time while Kyle and Robin were out having fun.

What I didn't realize is that, while I knew something fishy was up, I didn't know it involved an adoption. I also didn't know I would be left without a laptop, and therefore, unable to blog about my grievances. And, I didn't know they'd be gone over two weeks.

Well, I got home yesterday, and this is what I came home to:



T seems like a nice enough kid, but he likes to poke at me and pull my ears, instead of petting me.

This must be why Robin was poking at me and pulling my ears before their trip.

Also, there are baby gates keeping me from critical areas of the house...I have to beg for someone to lift me, helplessly, over the gate.

And to top it off, I practically have to speak English to get their attention now. T is their constant center of attention.

There is at least one benefit to having this kid around the house. He loves to throw food to the ground. While they think I'm sitting at the foot of his chair adoring him, I'm secretly waiting to pounce on any food that comes my way. I've gotten all kinds of great scraps.

This was a pretty dramatic change for them to drop on me so suddenly. They claim they've been telling me about it for awhile, but I don't believe it.

The results are mixed, but dramatic. To be sure, I'll have a lot to write about in the coming months and years.

-Punkin

6 comments:

Rosemary said...

I love it when you guys post video! I keep wondering how our high maintenance animals will do when baby shows up. I think Punkin is handling it great!

Anonymous said...

that video was great!!!

Hirally

Nichole said...

I loved the video. Punkin does not seem to mind Thanu that much at all. I hope my 2 shih tzus will feel the same way when we come home with a baby

Liz Feliz said...

how cute! I love thanu! I want him to meet constantin, they would get along pretty well! I guess you have come to a point, where you cant imagine your life without him! congratulations robin. please send me your address.. I cant find it here!

Melissa May said...

Looks like you're all doing well! I love the playroom picture and the punkin video... And don't worry... jet lag won't last forever. A couple weeks maybe, but not forever. : )

Nicki said...

That was the cutest video! Thanks for sharing it!

Nicki