Saturday, June 7, 2008

New friends

We had a nice meal out tonight with the other Holt family meeting their child tomorrow. Jared and Sarah had a recommendation for a restaurant that specializes in Royal Thai food...I'm not sure what that means, but it included a lot of seafood. We ordered family-style so we could try a bunch of stuff. It was fantastic. We even had a platter of fried flowers.

(Thanks for the photo, Sarah.)

We talked a lot about adoption, the process we went through, and what will happen in the coming days. We have a lot in common. It's very reassuring to share this experience with others who are of a like mind.

So now, the wait of all waits. I'm not sure if we'll sleep tonight. If we do, I suspect it won't be very well. I switch between excitement, worry, and calm.

One of the things mentioned at the dinner table tonight is that the kids will sense the vibes we're giving off. So, I'll be aiming to be comfortable, easy, and open to whatever happens. Let's see how that goes.

-Kyle

7 comments:

Melissa May said...

I honestly start getting butterflies in my stomach when I think about you guys and what's to come in the next 24 hours for you and Thanu! So exciting (and scary...) I'll be praying for you all and especially Thanu... : )

Hirally said...

So excited for you...I knew you would like J&S they are a nice couple. And like you said it is so great to share this experience along side someone else that you have already corresponded for awhile with - even if you only know them from the HForum. I know it made our experience extra special to have two other HFamilies there that we already "knew" and got along with!!!

Hirally

Judith said...

Remember that there's no language barrier for smailes -- and yours are beautiful. Peace and courage to all 3 of you. love mom

Emily said...

Praying for you guys - grace & peace.

love, Emily

Sharon said...

I have been thinking about you guys all day long, and periodically told Mike (dh) a timeline in hours as to when you meet Thanu. Just now he said, 'In the next few hours there lives will change, never be the same, all for the better'. I got chills, looked at the clock and said, 'Oooooh, I bet they are waiting in the lobby as we speak'!!! It's almost 10pm Saturday here, and Sunday morning is already there for you. Within the hour little Thanu will be in your arms. My prayers are with you, Thanu and his foster family. You are in my thoughts and I can't wait to get up tomorrow and see pictures!!!
Blessings and love,
we are with you inspirit and know exactly how you are feeling right now!
Sharon and family. (Holt freinds)
BTW - give our love to Mo and Pat, we miss them : (

Becca said...

You're probably with Thanu right now! Like Sharon, we have been thinking of you all day long, and watching the clock! Best wishes for a beautiful day!
Becca, Ben and Kailani

Teresa, Damian, Grace, Matilda & Madalena said...

Hello,

I was soooo looking forward seeing you with Thanu!
Just checking if there were any news, first reactions, anything!!!!

Best wishes,
Teresa