Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Awesome co-workers

My co-workers threw me a surprise party today to celebrate our adoption. I was lead to believe everyone was planning a party for someone else and I was suppose to be the confederate that got him in the room...turns out I was the one they were out to surprise.

When I entered the room, I found this bookshelf waiting for me...with TONS of books. It was the perfect gift. Not only are we very excited about having lots of books to read, but we were looking for a bookshelf...the one they got was just the right size. Also take note of the toys, and the blocks that spell his name.The party also included an awesome potluck lunch. The instigator, Cathy, also took a recorder around the room to get everyone to talk about their favorite children's book. The whole event was extremely thoughtful.
I keep realizing how lucky we are to have such support from friends and family. Over and over, the people in our lives show us support, and every time it happens it makes it harder for me to believe there are actually people out there who don't experience the same enthusiasm from the people close to them.

I guess I don't want to take that for granted. So, thank you...everyone.

-Kyle

3 comments:

Glen and Andrea said...

Wow, that's amazing. What wonderful co-workers you have.

Farrah and Jed said...

I forgot to mention that yellow picture hanging on the wall, IT will be the first one off the wall!

Farrah and Jed said...

LOL, that will be funny though...
Your baby's room is adorable!!!