Sunday, April 20, 2008

Painting under the sun

Robin's sister Meredith returned today to continue work on the paintings for T's room. It was so nice out, I convinced them to work outside for a little awhile.

The pictures are coming along...they look great.

Meanwhile, I'm struggling to figure out what I should be doing to get ready for Thailand. So far, I've focused on many of the seasonal things that need to get done around the house (changing/cleaning windows, HVAC maintainable, gutter cleaning, etc....exciting work), which is all stuff that has to get done sooner or later, so I suppose it isn't a waste of time...still I feel like the things I should be doing right now should be related to the trip.

All told, I have to say that having a travel date isn't as terrifying as I had feared. There is a lot we want to get done, but not a ton that has to get done.

It's remarkable how few weekends we have left...and most are already spoken for.

The weather makes me long for T to be here...there will be so much to do with him this summer.

-Kyle

Edit from Robin: Artwork finished! June can hurry up and get here any time now. I'm getting really excited!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I don't believe you when you say you're not an artist! You are so crafty and talented - those paintings look AMAZING!!!!!! Looks like you could start a little at home business if you wanted - between stuffed bunnies, custom t-shirts, and room decor....you'd be all set! :)

Anonymous said...

dido to what Hanna said - they are awesome!!

hirally

Anonymous said...

ok, so my english sometimes sucks...I meant ditto!