Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lists

I blogged back in September about making a list of things to get done around the house.

I'm happy to report that the list was executed pretty well. There are still house projects to be done, but when is that not the case?

With the house in good shape, this week Robin and I constructed a new list, focused more on all the specific things we need to do before T arrives.

While the items on this list are less intimidating than "cleaning out the basement", the list as a little daunting.

I *had* thought that if push came to shove, we could be ready to hit the road in a day or two. I *now* realize that there are a million little things to get done.

I'm not at all worried about getting them done. I can easily knock out a few each night. But any thoughts of kicking back this spring (since I'm not in class) are not realistic.

But, as I'm sure parents out there would agree, it's all FUN work, because it's all for T.

Every item checked off the list gets us a little closer!

-Kyle

2 comments:

Jay and Chandra Regan said...

Love the "new" furniture! I've found several pieces of old furniture which I've transformed with paint. It's so much fun to recycle. Speaking of "To Do" lists, now ours suddenly includes moving. Yikes! Read more about it on our blog.

Julie said...

Love the cute chairs and table! I know that our to do list is slowly getting smaller now. Hopefully we will be all done by the time we travel. We are hoping for March. One more job done- I washed our little girls clothes this week and they looked so cute hung out to dry.
Julie