Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Adoption Benefits

Lucky news today. After a stressful and uncertain summer, our division of my company was finally divested this week. The HR rep for our new company met with us today to not only give us offer letters (I still have a job!) but also go over benefits. I learned that they actually offer some adoption benefits to their employees. It's nothing major, and definitely wouldn't crack the "100 Best Adoption Friendly Workplaces" (Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption), but it's a lot more than I would have gotten at my last company (as in, zero). I'm thankful. If you're interested in finding out how you can encourage your employer to be supportive of employees who adopt, check out the website through the Dave Thomas Foundation. They offer a whole toolkit you can send to your HR department and a "convincing your employer" brochure.

-Robin

1 comment:

Hannah said...

If it's not too personal - what do you do? Where do you work? You can always email me privately. I'm sure curious.