Friday, December 7, 2007

Moving a boulder

I was thinking, as I looked at pictures from our trip to Alaska, that stressing while waiting for our referral and travel approval is a lot like Kyle and I goofily trying to push this ginormous boulder. It's wasted energy that isn't going to accomplish anything. Forces beyond our control will eventually move everything into place, but there's not a lot we can do right now but wait. (But sometimes, I just can't resist the urge to push on the stupid rock! =) )

-Robin

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I don't think the universe is too cruel - I found during our waiting that just when I thought I couldn't take it anymore something positive happened. Something that would give me strength to keep going. I'm sure that fact that this is getting harder means you are getting closer to the end :) And I don't think there is anything wrong with pushing a rock :)

TracyMcGal said...

Robin and Kyle,
I'm checking often in anticipation of your referral. Can't wait! We received ours on the 19th of the month and I think Sharon did too. That's only 9 days away!!!